Some of us have been working on our website for months and we have read every piece of tips to improve it. We may have also tweaked every keyword. However, the end result seems less than satisfactory and we start to ask ourselves, whether we are just bad designers. There are crucial steps related to web development and we may need to figure out things that would and would not work. After we have completed our website, it is time to optimize and fine tune it. Here are things that we should do:
- Add content almost each day: We shouldn’t be hesitant to add new content each day. Many websites are adding content almost hourly and Google won’t penalize them for being spammy, if the content is interesting, intriguing and unique. Content will bring additional targeted traffic, because there is more information that people may want to read.
- Refine keywords continuously: Before we start building a website, we usually already know what kind of keywords we want to use. However, we could find that our primary keywords are hyper-competitive and we are facing against big companies that have millions of dollars of annual online advertising budget. In this situation, we could refine our keyword, by choosing long-tail keywords that are not touched by big competitors. We should regularly check the market for niche demands and focus on them. People are not dumb and they will choose websites that have the right type of information and product.
- Be specific: We should always look for ways to be specific. It is important to continuously analyze our content and make sure that the title and descriptions are easily understandable. We could change existing content regularly to improve understanding and comprehension.
- Experiment with C-Panel features: C-Panel is a powerful website management platform and there could be features that can improve our website. Features we choose could depend on the characteristic of our website.
- Give people a reason to visit our website: If our content is interesting enough, people can’t get enough of it. They will expect to get more and more of it in the future. By offering good things in our website, people would certainly come back for more.
- Don’t let it become too complex: People will gradually improve their website and this could cause it to become unnecessarily complex. We should keep things simple and that may not be an easy thing to do. New techniques can be complicated and tricky enough. When planning to add new features in our website, we should make sure that the overall website will still be simple.
- Perform enough research: We should do research all the time to ensure constant improvement of our website. We should avoid adding an inappropriate new feature or publishing uninteresting content.
- Keep things up to date: Our industry literally changes every day and new developments are always introduced. We should provide constant updates for our niche.
- Be patient: Success don’t happen overnight and by being patient we could continuously improve our website.